1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Complete Hardware erase (Help, plz)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by xDuncan04x, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xDuncan04x

xDuncan04x Thread Starter

My brother told me about a program that will go through my 4 hard drives and erase all of the non-microsoft programs, ultimately thoroughly cleaning out my computer like a reformat.

I have a 2001 Dell server with 4 scsi hard drives and I honestly don't know how to reformat anything passed the "C" drive.. If there is such a program, please let me know about it or if there's another way, I.E. a full walkthrough... that would be much appreciated!!! thanks!

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

don't mess with stuff like that, you can just open My Computer and right click the drive letter and choose format, but you might have to be in Safe mode if there are programs installed that may be running.

* or Right click "My computer" and choose manage... then under "Storage" >Disk management...right click the drive letter and choose format.

* Be sure to use NTFS file structure.

It is more complicated when you format the C drive ( where operating system is installed).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!