1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Complete reset of HP stream laptop without original email ad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LKHepple1979, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LKHepple1979

LKHepple1979 Thread Starter

Hi,

My son set our HP stream laptop up with his email and made himself admin and me as an additional user.He has now forgotten his password etc and as an ad user I can't ad windows etc. I've tried to reset the computer completely but again I need his email and password and he can't remember either. Can anyone help? I can't do anything on laptop.

Many Thanks

L x

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We don't provide help here with a password-protected computer because we have no way to confirm its real owner or the reason for wanting to access it.

The only advice I can give is to reset that HP laptop back to its original new condition and set it up again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. LKHepple1979

LKHepple1979 Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I totally understand that. I tried to reset it to new conditions but it requires the password one way and the other way said there wasn't enough disc space. I'm at a complete road block z

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If that HP laptop has a built-in factory reset partition, you should be able to factory reset it without needing any password.

What's the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) on it?

Once it's correctly identified, we should be able to locate its support site.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice