1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Complete" version of boot cd in True Image 7.0 doesn't work.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rijnton, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rijnton

rijnton Thread Starter

I am new here. At first a happy new year to everybody.

Yesterday I bought the boxed version of True Image 7.0 and installed it. During the installing I also made boot disks as well as as a boot cd, both in the "complete" version. After that I tried to boot from the disks and also from the cd (of course changed the bios to boot from cdrom). Both didn't work ! My computer booted and I did get the start screen from Acronis but after that it said: "Loading Acronis, please wait" , with the disks as well as with the cd. After that nothing happened anymore, even after 10 minutes.
    I made a new boot cd but this time a "safe" version and that DID work. I assume however that, because there are no usb drivers etc. included, you can't use it with an external usb drive or so.
    Does anyone here have the same experience or a clue to solve it ? I already emailed Acronis, but didn't get a reply yet (probably because it's New Year ?)
    Thanks in advance.

Ton

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

No idea, but this is clearly something that Acronis chould be able to sort out.

3. rijnton

rijnton Thread Starter

In the meantime I found out that a "safe" boot cd is exactly the same as a "complete" version. They contain exactly the same files. The same is true for boot disks. In both options ( safe or complete) 5 disks are made. According to the manual this means that in both cases a "complete " version is made.
    BUT the one one made in safe mode DOES work and the one in safe mode does NOT. I don't understand this.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You got me, I picked up Acronis True Image on their GHOST upgrade deal for $10, but I haven't tried to make a boot CD with it. I do all my backups onto other hard disks, either USB or networked drives.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/191527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice