1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Completed hard drive format

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bc30629, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bc30629

bc30629 Thread Starter

So I finally got everything ready for a complete format and reinstall. Everything went smooth but now im stuck with no drivers. Figures i found the program that backs up your drivers after i finished it. Anyways, i went to the Dell site(own a dimension 3000) on my laptop and downloaded the driver restore tool onto my thumb drive. I used to program on my desktop and it recognized that the hardware didn't have drivers but then didn't restore anything. Can someone help me out here and maybe point me in the correct direction to find my drivers. Thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you should be able to put the TAG number into the website and it list the drivers
    download them onto thumbdrive and install

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

There is a "service tag" number on side of tower. Go to dell site and choose downloads and then put this number in when asked (is what etaf means)....

5. bc30629

bc30629 Thread Starter

cant seem to find the "multimedia audio controller", and "PCI modem". Any help?

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Model # of your Dell is?

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

8. bc30629

bc30629 Thread Starter

I own a dell dimension 3000. I bought the reinstall disc from them and used it. Thats the point i am at now. I went to the dell site and found some drivers. I found the ethernet driver, hence i am typing to ya'll. My audio still doesn't work though.

9. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You only got one disk from Dell they should have sent you a whole set of disks and one of them is the driver disk for your computer with all of the special drivers on it that has to be installed. Either you just ordered one disk or some one at Dell goofed up. The page you went to to get the drivers you got should have all of the special drivers on it you are especially looking for the chipset drivers also. Go back to the page and try to find the rest of the drivers there even if you have to search for them. I would also check the Dell on-line tech support and ask them about what you are searching for this should be free.

10. bc30629

bc30629 Thread Starter

So i need some help here now. I think i accidentally formatted my external hdd while i was formatting my internal one. No biggy i mean i just los 75 gigs of my favorite media. Now i try to plug in my drive which is a maxtor personal storage 3100 and windows doesn't recognize it. It doesn't automatically download its software onto the computer(because i deleted it like a jackass) and the only download on the maxtor site is for windows 98. Can someone please help me here, i've caused enough damage already.

11. Rich-M

Rich-M

12. bc30629

bc30629 Thread Starter

Its a maxtor drive not a dell drive.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/554519