Complex problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Roncol51

Before leaving Spain I contacted the supplier of the Informir TV system asking them for information as to what I would need to have the same system in the UK. The response was 'it should work using a VPN' Our apartment blocks have just had a Hyperoptic high speed wifi/broad band cable installed which means that we could escape from Virgin Media to which we were previously locked in. So I had the Hyperoptic offering brought into our apartment and their 500MB router has been installed and the internet connected. The next step was to purchase a Nord VPN but then I found out that this would not work directly with the Hyperoptic router and that I needed to buy an ASUS RT-AC68U router. So now I have two routers which I understand are not compatible but there is something I can buy that will enable the link to happen so that I can download the VPN to the ASUS router and that I can then hook-up the TV Box I brought back from Spain. WHAT IS THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT I NEED TO PURCHASE. NON TECHNICAL ANSWERS PLEASE AS I HAVE ONLY JUST BINNED MY ABACUS.

TerryNet

Terry
Why do you need a VPN (actually just a proxy service)? Because you are trying to access content that is not to be accessed from the UK?

Roncol51

You are quite correct. The Informir TV offering is blocked in the UK, hence the VPN.

TerryNet

Terry
Closing, as our Rules state ...

Circumventing Company/School/Parental or Other Restrictions (show less)
Because we are unable to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided to those trying to circumvent Internet filters or similar restrictions and any such threads will be closed. Furthermore, we will not assist with violating the "Terms of Service" of any product, service or web site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online