complicated task

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chuck Schick

so, this is kind of complicated. i'll just explain it the best way i can. first of all, i'm a mac newbie...i can stumble my way about, but not that great.

i have a mac mini that i want to put in a restaurant. this mini will be attached to a large digital screen displaying a menu. i want to be able to play a flash movie (.swf) on that mini in full screen mode. here's where the problem is. i want to do this all remotely. i don't want the people in the restaurant to have to mess with the computer at all.

i think it will be easy to remote connect (sorry, PC terms) and update the .swf's (yes, these files will be updated a lot...but they can always be named the same thing...for example: breakfast.swf). but what needs to happen is that these flash movies need to play at predetermined times (breakfast,lunch,dinner). i was referred to using Cronnix (i think it will work...haven't been able to fully play with it yet).

but, here is the bigger problem. i need a way to automatically launch an .swf in full screen (without any window borders or menus). is there a flash player that would do this? is there a way to set up the actual flash file to only play in full screen (again, without anything else on the screen)? and i guess i also need this player to always remain on top of any other window or program.

any help would be awesome. thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts