1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Composing New Message on Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sarah Collins, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sarah Collins

Sarah Collins Thread Starter

Windows 95- we are using Outlook Express for our internet e-mail. On bottom of e-mail to compose a new mail, there is 3 tabs listed as Edit, Source, Preview. This has not been coming up. How do I delete or get rid of this? What could have happened? Also, my keyboard and backspace are slow in responding when I type a message. The words are not printing as you type. What should I do? Do I need to download Outlook Express or Windows 95 again? And, if so, how do I do this downloading free?

2. Dark Star

Dark Star

hello Sarah and welcome to TSG

We need to know what ver sion of Outlook Express you are working with.
    When in OE go up to Help> and click on "About MS Outlook Express" this will bring down a box with the version information we need.

DS

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

That is for doing fancy stuff. You can turn it off by clicking on view>source edit.

4. Sarah Collins

Sarah Collins Thread Starter

It is a version 5.0 Outlook Express

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

This option allows the sender to make emails using HTML and a variety of of other things. Its like right clicking a web page and choosing the view source. This will show you how the page was created. If you click the view button at the top of the email you should see that source edit has a check next to it. If you click on it, this will remove the check and put your emails back the way they were. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice