1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Composite & Doctored Photos

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by xgerryx, Apr 15, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. K-Man

K-Man

Ahh! I've been hoping you'd post here again soon hewee!

Interesting pic, but I got some strange results when I clicked on it. Sent me to some page where it wanted me to log in, and also gave me a pop-up ad from something called 'smiley central'. :confused:

I notice the original is 1024 x 768. Wish my monitor supported that size, I have the old 800 x 600. (svga?)

I'm still toying with my next image for this thread. Always putting it off. Of course, I still haven't totally figured out my ZA issues, so it might be awhile. :p

Cool pic though! (y)

2. hewee

hewee

You should not have to login at all or get any popups.

I just copied the link and pasted it into IE and I got the full image and no popup.

You need to stop using IE K-man.

3. K-Man

K-Man

Well, I tried it again and it worked just fine! No pop-up either!

Don't know what was up that first time...

Maybe I accidentally clicked on something at that site when I was enlarging the window. :eek:

Again: Really neat pic there hewee!

4. hewee

hewee

Glad all worked this time.

Sorry the image is so big but I did not want to make it smaller, crop it or compress it.

5. hewee

hewee

RT I took you web image into Photo and went to edit, trace, image.
    Click ok and then it will make a object. I had to first go to format, invert because I wanted just the web and not the rest of the image.
    Ok now after you do the edit, trace, image and click ok it will take some time for it to do it's thing. Longer on images like this because it has so many line and places to adjust.
    Then after it is done you will now really see the effect yet but you see it show up in the layer manger.
    Now click the arrow button and then the path drawing tool.
    You can piclk from the dropdown 3D Round.
    You have the same and a lot more options if you open the Easy Palette.
    Go to the Material Gallery and Material Attribute Gallery.
    You can also copy things and make another layer of the objects.
    Now here is where you can also use the fill gallery, paint etc but once you do so you can not go back to using things from the Material Gallery and Material Attribute Gallery.

This is from the image posted here.
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2046038

[​IMG]

6. RT

RT

Wow you did that pretty quickly!
    Can't say I've ever seen snow on a spider's web before - webs and snow are usually seasons apart!
    Well done.

You've given me about a months' worth of info to learn and digest... :cool: Been foolin' around with stuff til my eyes have crossed twice or thrice.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience, you really know your way around this program...makes me glad I don't have PhotoShop (but really, I wish we did ;) )

7. hewee

hewee

Really that too longer because the wab has so many line and changes it to a 3D object takes longer.
    I really wanted another type of look but then I would of had to play around longer to see what I could come up with.
    Doing ones like that can choke the PC making the object.

Well doing the trace thing is something more new I learned a couple months back. Still lots of other things I don't know how to do but I keep busy on the things I do know. :)

8. pennythought

pennythought

Adams Family Greeting Card
    "Happy Halloween, darlings"

Attached Files:

9. hewee

hewee

Nice effect :)

10. K-Man

K-Man

Oooo... Halloween pictures! hehe

Here's one I made from a web photo. Meet :eek: "Lady Dracula"! :p :D

Attached Files:

11. hewee

hewee

Nice job K-Man

12. K-Man

K-Man

Thanks hewee! In case you wondered... here's what she looked like originally.

When I found this pic on the web, I just knew it would be perfect for playing with. I use it as my learning tool all the time. ("Educational purposes" ya know!) ;)

Attached Files:

13. hewee

hewee

Thanks K-Man. Keep up the great work and learning. :)

14. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike

My wife's aunt asked me to repair an old photo of her taken at a county fair over sixty years ago. I thought it turned out fairly well for an amateur.

Attached Files:

15. RT

RT

Well done there, LS (y)

Hard to work miracles, yours is close.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice