1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compounded Administrative problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xico, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

I have an old IBM Aptiva win95. I was trying to run Registry Mechanic, and I got a message that said Run-time error '429'

ActiveX component can't create object. So I went, with the help of Beekeeper to Micro$oft and download "dcom95.exe" but when I went to put it on the 95 I getthe message that this is an illegal operation, after which, when I click that off, I get

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

I thought I had gotten rid of the old owner. Apparently not. Could anyone tell me what to do--aside from reformatting? Any assistance will be well appreciated.

Xico
    :D

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

i dont think the message
    "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"
    has anything to do with a previous owner....
    let me get back to you on that, i had a similar message not too long ago with msn dial up.

3. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

4. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thank you, Kerri Ann. I think I've got a little work to do. I'll post back here to tell you if I succeeded. Thanks.

Xico

Your one liners are great!

5. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

no problem... ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice