Comprehensive advice needed 4 new comp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sire011886

I'm in the market for a new computer.

It'll be running AutoCAD (an architecture program with which to draw complicated renderings) and hopefully a few games.

So it needs to be powerful. From what I've learned through research, I can get a pretty good desktop - I don't want a notebook - for the $1500 I am willing to spend. I'm looking at a variety of different suppliers - Best Buy, Alienware, Cyber Power, Dell, Staples - for the best offer.

I've concluded the following: 3.0 dual core Intel processor, 1GB RAM, 80GB to 100GB Hard Drive, 256MB video card, at least a 15" monitor, and I want XP Pro 64X.

Honestly, I want that 64 edition just because it's the latest - and greatest? The rest of it is pretty much set in stone.

Now the question is: who is the best to go to and who makes the best parts?

I went to Best Buy today and they had an HP that met most of the requirements except the OS, it was a media center, for $1300 before $300 in rebates.

I really want to get my money's worth, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Make a note of the HP Model from best buy and look for that one elsewhere/without the OS preinstalled.
You should make sure you get the full OS Cd if it comes pre-installed, otherwise tell them you will go elsewhere.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts