Compressed zip folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

terrace

I have downloaded the attached (compressed zip folder) to my desktop. When i double click on it, the box says open/save, which already has been done, and i can`t get it to activate. Should i be getting Run there somewhere or what am i not doing please??:)

Attachments

terrace

Computer Specs
Distinguished Member with 5,666 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
8 Minutes Ago, #2
What happens when you single-click "open"?
See attached. I went through extract all-must be omitting something.(y)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

terrace

As i showed in my previous attachment it goes to save which i`ve already done before.

Attachments

The Gear icon in your screen shot is an IE shortcut, not a Zip folder. Ether the website download link is bad, and actually had you download the link instead of the file, or you somehow saved the link to the download page instead of actually downloading the file.

Have you tried clicking Save, and saving it again, then open that file?
Or go back to the website and try downloading again.

DoubleHelix

Banned
After looking at all the screenshots, I still don't see what the problem is. Save the file to your computer. Then right-click on it and select Extract.

terrace

The following is a quote from a site>
If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, your computer should already be capable of extracting the contents of ZIP files.
-Unquote- i`m trying to download this particular one on Windows 7. Should i be using Winzip?(y)

You've saved it to your Documents folder, not the Desktop, using the Library link.
Click Start | Computer.
In the left pane, expand Libraries and click on Documents.
Find GearBig.zip and double click it. It will open and you'll see the GearBig.CurXPTheme file. (Looks like you have extensions hidden, so you may see only GearBig)
Drag the GearBig.CurXPTheme file to your desktop, or to another folder.
You can then import it into CursorXP/CursorFX or what ever Theme Editor program you are using.

If the extracted file appears with the Internet Explorer icon (the blue E) then you've associated CurXPTheme files with IE instead of with your Theme Editor.
Right click the file, click Properties. If it looks like the screen shot, click the Change button and browse to your theme editor. Or use the File Association options in your theme editor (if it has that option) to re-associate the CurXPTheme files with it instead of IE.

If you don't have the theme editor installed on this Win 7 system, and need to remove the file association, that gets a bit more involved.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
A little off the subject .. But anyone want a new Avatar, Animated with transparency ???

duh50.gif Outcast.gif

terrace

TheOutcaste TheOutcaste is offline TheOutcaste is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 7,263 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Apr-2010, 09:16 PM #10
You've saved it to your Documents folder, not the Desktop, using the Library link.
Click Start | Computer.
In the left pane, expand Libraries and click on Documents.
Find GearBig.zip and double click it. It will open and you'll see the GearBig.CurXPTheme file. (Looks like you have extensions hidden, so you may see only GearBig)
Drag the GearBig.CurXPTheme file to your desktop, or to another folder.
You can then import it into CursorXP/CursorFX or what ever Theme Editor program you are using.

If the extracted file appears with the Internet Explorer icon (the blue E) then you've associated CurXPTheme files with IE instead of with your Theme Editor.
Right click the file, click Properties. If it looks like the screen shot, click the Change button and browse to your theme editor. Or use the File Association options in your theme editor (if it has that option) to re-associate the CurXPTheme files with it instead of IE.
Thanks for your assistance i`ll have a look at that and get back to you.(y)

terrace

Computer Specs
Distinguished Member with 13,623 posts.

Experience: More Input Please
25-Apr-2010, 11:05 PM #11
A little off the subject .. But anyone want a new Avatar, Animated with transparency ???

Name: duh50.gif Views: 6 Size: 2.6 KB Name: Outcast.gif Views: 6 Size: 2.7 KB
Noyb-How do i save the avatar as animated? I clicked on "save image as" and it saved still as in my attachment. Cancel that, i see that it becomes animated when posted. Thank You

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You must get my original gif upload .. Then install it as your Avatar.
As I remember .. Getting the original gif can be a problem if you're using IE.
If you have problems let me know .. I know some workarounds

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I was downsizing Homer when I saw your Avatar .. I just had to make you one, your size.
You can also fetch him here >>> http://home.comcast.net/~2noyb/duh50.gif

Then I had a problem .. Didn't want to leave the Outcast out :D

My original size attached ..

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!