1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compressing analog video tapes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sillylily, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillylily

sillylily Thread Starter

:rolleyes How can I compress a 2 hour analog video tape to fit on to a 4.7GB DVD+R. No matter what program I have used I can only get one hour of analog tape to burn to my DVD. I have tried every possible trick and suggestion that has been offered me and nothing works. Is it possible to accomplish this, if so, can you please inform me as to how or what I need to do to achieve results.
    Thank you for any help or suggestions.

:confused:

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Hi and welcome.

I assume you've used a (analogue) capture card to transfer to pc. Then you've rendered finished project to avi (uncompressed) or mpeg (compressed).

As you know the best compression rate = best quality. The more you compress the less quality. So, to compress 2 hrs onto 4.7gb DVD disc the quality would be really bad.

The commercial DVD capacity is specially layered so 2hrs can fit on, but to us lesser mortals we have to make do with the new double-sided dvd's @ 4.7gb each side. You'll have to split 1hr onto each side and compress accordingly. You may find this link useful for compressing:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice