1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer ALWAYS freezing up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jawproducts, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jawproducts

jawproducts Thread Starter

Ok, we have a computer at work which is networked; my computer freezes on me every 1/2 hour or so; i will be in the middle of quickbooks or outlook express and then they will just disappear and the whole screen turns blue, its just the background of the desktop that you see w/ none of the icons or anything. it drives me nuts, does anyone know how to fix this? i have to constantly push the button off and on again to reboot...

2. unmutual

unmutual

:confused: How about some specs.
    It seems certain versions of excel run with a lack of stability in certain versions of windows. I just typed 'excel crash to desktop' in google.

3. jawproducts

jawproducts Thread Starter

Excel?? really dont use excel at all that much. I am soo clueless w/ computers so u gotta walk me thru lol...what specs?

4. unmutual

unmutual

Oops, i thought you wrote excel! Sorry.
    Specs are: Operating system(version of windows), Pentium type and video card. That's very basic and shouldn't be hard to find out. You could write a spec for every part but that's alot of trouble.

5. unmutual

unmutual

You could just write what kind of computer it is and the specs are online.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!