Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer and all connected LAN devices freeze similtaneously

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  h31s 
#1 ·
It started happening back in around November, my sister and my computer would start freezing occasionally, slurring the audio into a robotic sound, eventually to come to.

It gradually got worse, and I assumed it was a graphics card problem since it would freeze ONLY SOMETIMES and say that the graphics driver stopped working and has recovered. It usually didn't say that, though.

Lately though, I noticed that when it would freeze sometimes the internet would go out for some connected devices, such as the Xbox 360. The only computer that was NEVER affected by this is the one connected directly by Ethernet to the Netgear router, (every other device is WiFi.)

Sometimes even, my sister and mine would freeze simultaneously. It was a sort of rare occurrence, though.

I very lately started to notice that it would freeze when trying to load internet components with larger amounts of data, such as server console logs, Flash videos, and Soundcloud players. What threw me off is that it would sometimes freeze in programs like FL Studio or Windows Media Player... It's possible I guess that the programs were unrelated and what caused the freeze is SOMETHING sending/receiving corrupt packets.

I also noticed that sometimes my WiFi adapter stops functioning, although it says it works fine. I have to reset the adapter to get it to work.

I have done many virus scans since it's started and it doesn't fix anything. I've updated every type of driver, tried going low on the graphics, etc. Nothing's helped.

My theory is that somehow my computer OR the router is sending/receiving corrupt packets or data, causing the whole computer to flip out. I assume it's the router, since all wireless devices are affected, sometimes simultaneously, although it could be that my computer is sending to the router, which somehow sends to the other devices.

Sorry for the longass story, it's really THAT annoying and disruptive. I'd really like some help on this, or I might end up getting a new computer only to see the same problem...

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.