1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer and Stand by Mode

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mgdon06, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgdon06

mgdon06 Thread Starter

I have a computer that is running a Windows 98 SE on a 1200 AMD processor 256 MB RAM and it keeps going into standby mode and sometimes the only way to get it out of it is to cold boot it. I am a Tech myself and I can't figure this one out.......I have changed the bio setting in Power Manangement to off, and it still happens........ My setting in the Control Panel is set to always on ..............Would appreciate any suggestions......Mike

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Set the power scheme to "Always On" and set all the other settings to "Never".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open the registry editor, click the + in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    System
    CurrentControlSet
    Services
    VxD

then click directly on VCOMM to expose its entries.

Modify EnablePowerManagement to read all zeros.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice