1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer audio playing through mic

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Idonix, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Idonix

Idonix Thread Starter

I found out recently that whatever sounds coming through my headset speakers are also being heard by people I'm in call with on Skype. For example, if I'm in call while watching a youtube video, everything from the video is being heard by the other peole in the convo. This happens regardless of whether my mic is muted or not. It also happens when my volume is turned down completely, so I know it's not being overheard from my headset directly. I've tested this with vocaroo and other recording software, all of which have the same problem.

The headset I'm using is a Logitech H150 if that helps. Any suggestions?

Edit: This thread explains my issue exactly. So does this one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050206