Computer automatically reboots on start-up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tlouda

Hello everyone,
simply put, computer automatically restarts on shut down. I do not get a blue screen with error message, even though I did uncheck the box in system properties so it does not automatically restarts. My system is definitely not overheating and all my hardware is relatively new (3 month).

Here what I have done recently:
- I have attempted to install additional 1GB of memory from OCZ and that did not work. I probably did not have enough voltage to my motherboard so it did not work, or the motherboard I have does not support OCZ memories. So I am left with my original 1GB.

- The thing that my cause the problem and I have not checked on it yet, is that I have updated BIOS yesterday. I downloaded a new version from the manufacturers website even though it says on the website that "if your system is running fine, do not update BIOS version"

I think that after that the problems have started. I have to check on that today, but if that does not work I do not know what to do.

If someone has any suggestion please let me know, I will really really appreciate it.

Tomas

See if you can reinstall the previous version of the bios. This may be possible. It has been a while since I have tried rolling back a bios update. You would need the previous version obviously. Best of luck.

tlouda

I'll try that.. That was on mind all day long...
System Restore is the last resort, but I am not sure if it will roll back BIOS version

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online