1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer automatically restarting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by osmannajam, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osmannajam

osmannajam Thread Starter

Hi..I seem to have had this problem for a few weeks now...Sometimes when I start the pc, as it completes the loadup bar with the XP logo, the pc randomly restarts..sometimes it does it about 3 times.

Yesterday, I bought Fifa2004 - brand new. Its got 2 CD's. After the installation of the 1st cd or when i enter the 2nd cd, a blue screen comes up saying something like "beginning physical dump of memory", showing some texts and then the pc restarts, without completing the download. I dont think its a problem with the CD as its new.

Then when I restart the pc, a message comes up saying "your pc has recovered from a serious failure"..& some of the information it contains is:
    BCCode:7a BCP1:E15C598C BCP2:C000000E BCP3:BC94706E BCP4:028758C0 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256_1

I have installed all the Windows XP updates, & ran the virus scan. But still pc restarts automatically..Any help would be very much appreciated & I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Osman

2. Cadet

Cadet

hi there osmannajam

The last time i had a similar problem to this it was a problem with my memory ( RAM ) . I would suggest downloading and running a memory test from somewhere like http://www.memtest86.com/ .

It could also be caused by your computer overheating ( but less likely to be this seen as it reboots on boot up ). but to test that you can also download motherboard monitors ( which will tell you what temps your computer is running at ) pc world do a good one - http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7309,00.asp

failing that it could be your copy of windows that has become corrupt ( hopefully not )

the blue screen that appears ( begining Physical memory dump ) is often reffered to as "The Blue Screen of Death" it has this name for a very good reason as it usually means that your copy of windows has become corrupt and needs re-installing or that you HDD is slowly dying.

Hope some of that helps mate

Cadet

3. osmannajam

osmannajam Thread Starter

Thanks Cadet for replying..I have ran the motherboard check, and everything seems to be fine..Infact I have had some success in installing Fifa 2004, but when I try to run the program after full installation, an error comes up saying "Fifa 2004 requires at least 280MB of free swap file space. Please free the required space and re-run the game".

Is the free swap file space the harddisk space? Cause I have at least 20Gb free of that? If not, how do I free this please?

Thanks again.
    Osman

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!