1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer automatically turns on then off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sindustries, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sindustries

sindustries Thread Starter

Hello. Here is my problem.
    I recently bought a new psu. So i was in the process of changing it. I only plugged 1 hd and my gfx card to make sure everything was ok. So i set the switch on the new psu to the power position., as soon as I set it up to on. The computer fans started like they when my computer is booting then, a second later it turns off. When i tried pressing the power switch nothing happenned. So i switched back to my old psu, same thing happens. Ive double checked every connector on my mobo and they re in their right spot. Ive also tried with different ram bars to see if they wre faulty, same thing happens. Ive also removed my bios battery to see if it would help, nothong.... So im not sure whats left to do.. Can anyone enlight me? Thanks
    sorry about my english skills it aint my main language

2. sindustries

3. rickronn

rickronn

It sounds like the PSU's safeguard against leakage has tripped. There may be problem with the mainboard.

4. sindustries

Yeah thats what im thinking. The mainboard might havr died on me

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

Is the machine a "mass produced" machine such as Dell, Gateway, EMachines, etc. If so, post the exact make and model of the machine since there are known problems with certain machines.

6. sindustries

Nop. the mobo is a asus m2ne. Cpu dual core 5200+
    Anyway it has been usefull for these last 4 years so i guess its time to make a change. Id still be interested in finding out whats the problem tho.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019945