1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Beeping?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LeftyOfficialNES, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeftyOfficialNES

LeftyOfficialNES Thread Starter

After about an hour of playing some video games my computer started beeping I noticed nothing out of the ordinary other than the beeping so I kept playing and about every 5 minutes it started beeping again so I left it for a while and it stopped but it seems anytime I do anything for about and hour it starts to beep. Also I have a SABERTOOTH X79 motherboard.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

We need more information about your system to make any kind of educated response. Please provide all the following:

Make and model of the PC if it is a 'big brand' machine like a HP, Dell Acer etc?
    If it is a self / custom build, please provide exact make and model of the CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, Power Supply (make, model and wattage), what operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Initial thoughts, as you say its when gaming, are either a temperature or power problem, I would lean towards temperature with the beeping being and audio warning just prior to shutdown due to overheat, but that is by no means definately what it is.

It would also be useful do download and install Speccy, run a report and publish it online, then paste a link to that online report in a reply here. To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1.In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
    2.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
    3.Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice