Computer Beeping.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nifu3

Hello, I am using Windows XP Professional and I was wondering why, when I press lots of keys (about 9) at the same time, my computer beeps. It's the inside of the computer that beeps. This is very annoying when I am playing video games such as Counter-Strike. Is there anything I can do to stop it from doing this? Is it some kind of protection thing? Please help. Thanks.

-NiFu

Del

Hi,
I have WinXP also and can't get it to beep. Is it just when you are running the game?
Have you tried to see if it beeps when not running that particular software?
Del

That beep sounds(!) remarkably like the overload error beep to me.

Hitting 9 keys at once is probably sending more commands to the pc than it can handle. In short , it gets confused, so tells you its unhappy by using the only voice it has - "BEEEPP!" You're lucky - in the not too distant future it might just say:
"I say, do you mind not being quite so demanding old chap."
Or something like that!

Try asking someone a lot of urgent, quickfire questions - they might just go beep too.

Is it really a requirement of the game to hit that many keys at once?

I play counter-strike, and 9 might be excessive but easily you will press 5-6 keys and a mouse button at any given time.

Oh the beep from inside the computer is the "PC speaker" all computers have one, it was the old way computers sent out sound. But now it is only used to report errors on bootup and the keyboard.

EG,too many key presses are in the buffer <-- what you are facing
Also when you bootup if the computer has no video card/memory it will beep because without those things it can't display video to show you their is an error.

--HTH

nifu3

Thanks for responses. I have another question though.
I have a Logitech Optical Wheel mouse (with cord) and when i'm playing Counter-Strike sometimes when i'm moving it it just stalls in one position and doesn't move until i lift the mouse up then put it back on the mouse pad. It becomes very annoying. Can anybody help? Does my mouse need new batteries or something (not even sure if it takes batteries) . I've only had it for 4 months.

Even though the mouse has no ball, with a wheel on board there's always the possibility of dirt getting in there and gumming up the works a bit. Give it a good clean and the problem may well go away.

If not go to this link for advice and tips:

http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/index.cfm

Hope this sees you right.

Most keyboards do beep, it depends on the make and model not much to do with your comp.

Sometimes keyboards beep with 3 keys pressed, sometimes more. But my question is...

what game can possibly require 9 simultaneous key presses!? :confused:

nifu3

A damn good one!
Well I tested the beeping again and it's only about 5 keys this time :( .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online