1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Beeps two times and no picture

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 17RiCkE17, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 17RiCkE17

17RiCkE17 Thread Starter

When i turn on my computer it does two long beeps and the fans and everything start going but i'm not getting any picture on my monitor. my computer is a dell precision 420

2. GripS

GripS

Did the system work fine before and this all of a sudden happened?

My initial thought is bad RAM. Try reseating it. Also try reseating the video card.

If you are using 2x512mb of ram then try each stick individually and see if it helps.

3. 17RiCkE17

17RiCkE17 Thread Starter

Yes it just happened my computer was working fine in tell i shut it down in the morning then when i turned it back on it started beeping and I've tried reseating my ram and video card and it didn't do anything but i can't try one stick of ram at a time because i have rambus ram and i have to have every ram slot filled for my computer to run

4. GripS

GripS

It appears we are not talking about the system in your sig then. I too have a system using the dead Rambus ram technology.

If you pull the memory and power on the system does the beep code change? Check with your video card as well.

Are you set up with all dimms filled with actual RAM or are you also using continuity modules?

5. 17RiCkE17

17RiCkE17 Thread Starter

I have two continuity modules and two 256mb chips
    i'll check to see if the patterns change

6. 17RiCkE17

17RiCkE17 Thread Starter

I listened to it with every thing in it and it beeps two long times then with no ram it beeps 2 long and 2 short then 2 long again and thats the same if i have no video card in

7. GripS

GripS

I will keep checking on this and get back to you tomorrow.

8. Lurker1

Lurker1

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435316