1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer beeps when clicking mouse fast when playing games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ejerry7, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejerry7

ejerry7 Thread Starter

Hi all,

My clients new computer beeps after she clicks the mouse fast to play her internet games. It is not game specific and have tried a few different mice, MS optical trackball/usb and MS wheelmouse/ps2 to no avail. Also, there are no error messages such as " The ring buffer that stores incoming mouse data has overflowed (buffer size is configurable through the Registry)."

AOPEN ak86-L via k8t800 rt mobo, 1 gb ddr memory, amd 64 3200 cpu, 8gb/7200 rpm HD, winxp pro

Have tried the reg edit
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/mouclass/Parameters"

To make the value for MouseDataQueueSize larger. I started at the default of 100 (decimal) and am currently at 10500 but there is no diference. Am I at the right reg key? There are many others with the "MouseDataQueueSize" entry. I found one under "CurrentControlSet001" and "CurrentControlSet002" and others. Is this even my problem? Could it be a bios setting or a mobo jumper setting? If anyone can help, please reply post or e-mail me at [email protected]

Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

J

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice