computer being really slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soopaha

my computer is becoming slower by the second and my msn and netscape wont even open anymore. what the hell do i do?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Soopaha:

1. Click Start - Find/Search - Files And Folders, then bring up and delete everything under the following:

*.TMP

C:\TEMP\*.* (If a C:\TEMP folder exists)

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\*.*

2. Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab).

Other then ScanRegistry, SystemTray, and your antivirus program, most of the others can be unchecked and disabled.

Before you do that, write down everything in the left column next to the square boxes and post the list here. You might also want to read here.

3. Download and install Ad-aware 6.0.181 and Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.2.0. Once you do that, run their update function, then run them so they can find and remove all spyware files and registry entries. You might also want to read here.

(Note: It helps to mention what version of Windows you're using and how much RAM is installed)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online