1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer Boot Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow09000, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow09000

Shadow09000 Thread Starter

So recently I just Bought a new motherboard, case, cooler and some fans but here is all of the specs:

Cpu i5-6600k
    Cooler Corsair h100i pro
    Motherboard Asus h270f
    Gpu msi 1080
    Thermaltake tr2 600w
    Ram skill rip jaw 2x8gb ddr4 2400
    OS Windows 10

Now here is the problem. When I test booted I encountered a beep error. One long and two short. My findings online say it is a video error. The manual says it may be a Ram error. However I’ve tested removing the video card and the hard drives and I still get the same error. So is the motherboard bad? GPU was working earlier that day and so was ram and both were sitting in a anti static bag for the construction. I’m at a loss and wondering if I gotta figure out what to do with the motherboard. Any other information you need on specs or what I’ve done I’ll be happy to provide.

2. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    My suggestion is continue using the on board video for testing, them remove all the RAM and see what beep codes you get. If you get the memory beep codes put 1 piece in at a time, try 1 slot at a time. If the same thing it wouldn't be a bad idea to get another stick of memory from another computer or something and try that.

But the motherboard does seem like a good possibility.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice