1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer boot issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FurbishFish, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurbishFish

FurbishFish Thread Starter

Hello,

I built my computer in mid-January 2015, it decided to stop working less than 2 months later. I turned it off for the night after some light internet browsing and the following evening it would not boot. No beeps, no clicks, no boot to BIOs, nothing. The motherboard light remained on, however. I proceeded to attempt to manually boot from the motherboard using a screwdriver, but this did not work. So, I figured it was a power supply issue and replaced my Corsair CX600M with a 550W Rosewill Photon. This made no difference.

So I attempted the standard line of tests to see what was malfunctioning—reassembling 1 piece at a time, boot with screwdriver, etc. The issue remained the exact same: no beeps, clicks, or even a BIOs screen; yet the motherboard light remained on. The only thing I could think of is that a circuit related to powering the motherboard got fried. So, I RMA’d the motherboard.

Last night I installed the new motherboard and had the exact same issue—the motherboard light illuminates but it still will not boot, no beeps, clicks, or BIOs. There was 1 difference though, my fans would power up for a brief moment (~0.5 seconds) and then immediately power down.

Here is a video I found online that mimics the issue I am having:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiVAbOXC9w

I am pretty confused at the moment about what is malfunctioning. Replaced power supply—check. Replaced motherboard—check. The last thing I can think of would be that my CPU got fried as well somehow. Would anyone be able to offer some suggestions? Alternatively, could anyone be able to provide a guide on how to tell if the CPU is actually the issue?

Thanks!

Specs:
    Intel i5 4690k
    ASUS Sabertooth z97 Mark 2 <~ RMA’d
    8gb Ripjaws X Series 1600 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
    MSI GTX970
    550W Rosewill Photon <~ new power supply
    600W Corsair CX600M <~ original power supply
    256gb Crucial MX100 ssd
    1tb Western Digital Blue hdd
    Enermax ETS-T40-BK cpu cooler

2. replay

replay

1st thing to do is take it out of the case and do a "out of case" build......on the box would be good
    Next take off the heatsink/fan and reinstall it
    Making sure u clean and reapply the thermal paste
    Then try one memory stick at a time

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice