1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Boot Problems - Suspect Hardware fault

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohanRoelsgaard, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohanRoelsgaard

JohanRoelsgaard Thread Starter

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
    When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
    When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
    I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
    Johan, Denmark

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    be sure to power down fully from within the machine using the start button method. before unplugging from the wall sockets.

as for the monitor, note, there is residual charge even after powering down. but possibly, something like a minutely damaged solder track exists. restarting the monitor warms slightly and functions normally until cooled again for a period. but every time a computer powers on, it has a small surge of power as everything spins up.

the debate when deciding to unplug from the wall sockets,continues though some reasons such as living in areas experiencing huge storms, or energy saving/costs also, leaving the house for extended period of time or only using the pc for short periods and so unplug it.

i leave mine plugged in at the sockets as i use a surge protector and its on for long periods.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!