1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Booting Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cildaten, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cildaten

Cildaten Thread Starter

Unfortunately I have to post here again
    My computers in my house have been going in a downward spiral lately
    Mouse Dies on me then my first computer dies and now my second one. Had to revive my first one ( Bought a new cmos battery ) to post this about my second one, heh.
    Anyways!...
    Just a normal day, alt tabbing through my various programs. I alt tabbed to my minimized game and then I got the blue screen of death. I reboot the comp and then the computer turns on like normal but the screen, nothing happens.
    When the computer is turned on everything is running fine, all the little beeps of it goes off when its booting up but the screen is totally black like its turned off.
    At first I thought it was my video card, so I replaced it with a old one I had laying around but I had the same problem
    My monitor isnt dead as I get the testing colors thing when its not plugged into the video card.
    So anyone know whats up?

-Thanks

2. norton850

norton850

Make sure your RAM is secure in it's sockets. Next disconnect all items that aren't need to POST. That includes all drives, add in cards (except video).

3. Cildaten

Cildaten Thread Starter

Disconnected everything but video and booted it up, Still the black screen :(
    I so dont want it to be a video card problem which im starting to guess it may be.

4. norton850

norton850

If you are sure that the old video card works, then it shouldn't be the problem. If you have the opportunity try the video card in another system. If you can rule out the video card, then you'll have to start replacing parts. It's always worth trying to reset CMOS. I don't think that will solve the problem, but it doesn't cost anything either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice