Computer booting up for few seconds then turns off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joerobbins2014

Hi
Thank you in advance to anyone that can help,

So seemingly overnight my gaming computer of a year has stopped working, I try turning it on and it starts booting up for about 7 seconds before it shuts down again then it boots up on its own for about 2 seconds and shuts down, repeating this process indefinitely. I've tried everything I can think of, I made sure the wires are plugged in, I opened it up and checked the motherboard and made sure nothing is rattling inside, I even reset the bios by removing the CMOS from the motherboard (because I couldn't find the jumper) but nothing worked, I really can't take it to a pc repair shop and just thought I would ask the opinion of people on here first. my specs are

Motherboard - MSI Z97 Gaming intel Motherboard
Processor - Intel Core i7-4790k CPU
Graphics card - EVGA Nvidia GTX 970
Power supply - EVGA Supernova 550 W Gs Gold 80+
Fan - ARTIC Freezer i30
Ram - G skill 8GB (4x)

Thank you

plodr

Liz
Most of the time when a computer turns itself off, it is related to a heat problem.

Three things to examine: The thermal past may have dried up, the CPU fan, if one is attached might not be working and/or one or more of the case fans might not be working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online