1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer bootup error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jerick28, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jerick28

jerick28 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Christian
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone, I would like to seek some help or just some information about this bootup error.

Here's a little background/Story : This computer was a Lenovo Thinkcentre I think, my mother usually uses it just to browse, it ran Windows 10 pro and was perfect ever since we moved, yesterday when I tried it it had no display, continous beeping and I was worried badly because I didn't know what to do. We took it to our local computer repair yesterday and said not to worry because it was just the RAM slots were loose, the display came up and I was relieved because I thought that was it, but then the guy told us that the internal hard disk drive wasn't readable anymore! I was shocked! He offered us a new hard disk drive and an OS replacement for about 1,800 php, which is $34.60 in the U.S btw, I wasn't sure if I should take this offer yet, maybe there's still some other way?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Seems to be all the typical signs of hard drive failure to me...

3. jerick28

jerick28 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Christian
    ..And indeed it was, tried out the hard drive from my other computer and it was read perfectly fine, thanks though!

4. Sawuwaya

Sawuwaya

I would be careful as to what hard drive you get. I like to use Seagate hard drives, others think Western Digital is better, this is a matter of opinion. But between these two brands you will have a drive that may outlast that system of yours. My point is just make sure that price you quoted was not for a sub-par hard drive like Toshiba, etc.

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe 《♤》

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

I agree with Sawuwaya, seen a lot of Toshiba drives fail.

metallica5456 likes this.
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice