1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer BSoD on Windows Update.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nerosshadow, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerosshadow

Nerosshadow Thread Starter

The title is the short short version.
    Windows 7 is the OS
    I have been only installing important updates for Windows lately. I know I am overdue for a format (2years) but haven't been able to find a disk for it.
    My laptop BSOD'd on an automatic update last night that I did not tell it to do.
    When it booted up it went back to the Preparing to configure windows please wait screen. I let it stay there for 5 hours before intervening.
    It sometimes has given me the fatal error bsod since.
    Now after it boots it refuses to go to the user select screen. In safe mode it will try updating to no avail. I tried starting in last good configuration. I tried system repair and disk check and they both came up with no errors. I am in between jobs so I cannot take it somewhere and I need my lappy to get a job. So I'm stuck unless I can figure this out.
    I have nothing to restore it back to since I thought it had backups.
    Formatting is not an option.
    Thanks for any help ahead of time.

2. Nerosshadow

Nerosshadow Thread Starter

Update.
    After about 30 minutes and using the last known good configuration options it is at the pretty blue screen flashing to black every 10 seconds EXAXTLY.
    Mouse is there but there are no options. The little blue wheel around the mouse is there when it flashes black.
    It did that for 2 minutes and just restarted.

3. sachin159

sachin159

remove upadate from safe mode....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1178102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice