1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer BSODs when starting everytime.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Poopoo123, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poopoo123

Poopoo123 Thread Starter

Last night, I downloaded and played the Diablo 3 beta for my first time. When I got in game, i noticed that every time I tried to move my character, the game would freeze up like 10 seconds. Because this was happening I tried to restart the game. Turns out that didn't help so i proceeded to trying to restart my computer to see if that would help, but as the screen was at the part where it shows that you are logging off, I got a BSOD.

I have gotten BSODs before, and simply had to restart while on them to get the computer to run normally, but this time when I got the BSOD and tried to usual method of restarting, I kept getting BSODs that automatically restarted the computer again in an infinite loop of BSODs. To stop it from automatically restarting after the BSODs, I hit the option to make it not auto restart after the BSOD so I can get a look at what it actually said. I noticed that when i was getting the BSODs, the error messages weren't always the same. Some said things like "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "BAD_POOL_HEADER."

I also noticed that the number and letters at the bottom weren't the same with every BSOD. Since I am unable to access to my computer's desktop, I couldn't pull a proper log of the errors so I had so i just went ahead and read some and wrote them down by hand (sorry if there is actually a way to get them still, but this the only thing else I know of.)

Here are some of the error messages I got:

STOP: 0x0000007E ( 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80C01DC6617, 0xFFFFF880009A92E8, 0xFFFFF880009A8B40 )

(Don't remember if this had STOP: in front of it): 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800212D95E, 0xFFFFF880009A7848, 0xFFFFF880009A70A0 )

STOP:0x0000003B ( 0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF80001F9F852, 0xFFFFF880025F59C0, 0x0000000000000000 )

STOP: 0x00000019 ( 0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA80039612B0, 0xFFFFFA80039612B0, 0x0000000000000000 )

After writing this one down, I didn't bother writing anymore or even checking to see if they were different as I kept restarting in desperation that it would eventually work properly. Wasn't sure if I was getting the same errors at times, or if I was getting a different message every single time.

My system specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
    4GB RAM
    CPU: AMD Phenon II x4 965
    Video Card: ATi Sapphire Radeon 5870
    500GB Western Digital HDD

Things I have tried to see it would help:

-Let the computer rest. Kept it off all night after the BSODs and only tried to see if it would start up right this morning.

-Unplugged everything I could and replugged them.

-Took out RAM and video card them put them back in.

-Took out video card and used onboard graphics.

-Dusted out everything.

-Safe mode

-Last working point option (it was wored differently I think)

-Tried to use the repair disk but it never booted up even when I was able to get to the desktop for about 5 seconds in Safe Mode.

None of these seemed to help unfortunately.

I was not trying to say that I think this is Diablo 3's fault, only mention it because that was the last thing I was on before trying to restart and getting the first BSOD that lead into the loop.

2. pip22

pip22

I would test the hard drive and get that out of the way first before looking elswhere. Test it with the drive manufacturer's own diagnostic software for DOS which allows you to test the drive even if Windows won't start. The links are here:
    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

The download for the DOS version is an ISO file from which you must create a CD using IMGBurn from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

When you've made the CD, boot your faulty PC from it to run the drive test (you will need to go into it's BIOS settings first to set the cd-rom drive as the first boot device, otherwise your system won't boot from a CD while there's a bootable hard drive installed).

3. Poopoo123

Poopoo123 Thread Starter

No errors found. Tried both quick and extended tests and tried to see if it would start up with no BSOD, but it did :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice