1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Cannot Recognise ZOTAC GeForce GTS250 New Help Please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hazzahex, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazzahex

hazzahex Thread Starter

Hi,
    Im was given a new GeForce gts250 graphics card for christmas and i am having trouble installing it:

i used to have a PNY 9500GT which worked a treat but became sluggish over the past few months.
    this is the reason i asked for a new graphics card, this one specifically!

Thinks i have thought of but not really sure what to do about:
    maybe the power supply cannot supply the graphics card with enough power
    - I have checked with the hiper website that my hiper power supply can supply the graphics card and i can without a problem. the graphics card needs a seperate power cable to supply it with the power it needs. i assumed that this is not the problem as the cooling fan is whirring happily!​

Maybe it is not fully lodged into the motherboard
    The graphics card has been pushed into the PCI-E slot (or whatever it is) i am certain it is the correct one though! the motherboard is a BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE. i assume that the graphics card it properly connected as the fan seems to work as i mentioned earlier!​

Conflict with the old drivers?
    I had read somewhere that this could have been an issue. to solve this i tried uninstalling the drivers from the last graphics card. (by the way i am having to use the onboard graphics at the moment!) i have tried to install the new drivers but the installer simply says that it "could not locate any drivers that are compatible with the hardware present" this made me think that the computer has not noticed that the graphics card has been inserted ​

I have tried refreshing the device manager page only to find that it installs a driver for the intel onboard graphics (un-helpful)

IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN SUGGEST TO HELP ME I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL!

Thanks in advance

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

I don't quite understand what you are saying, i.e. "the graphics card needs a seperate power cable to supply it with the power it needs. i assumed that this is not the problem as the cooling fan is whirring happily!"

Did you plug in the auxiliary power line the graphics card requires?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice