1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bturner, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bturner

bturner Thread Starter

I have a computer case where the on/off switch doesn't work when plugged into the motherboard. The computer is fine, I can jump the board but I need to resolve the issue with the on/off switch. it's just a PII case, no real thrills. The pins to the motherboard consist of (2) wires to the on/off switch, but the pin is (3) prong with a dummy in the middle. If you have any suggestions or need more info I'm online and watching? Thanks

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi bturner

If you have the right tools you can sometimes get the pins to release from the connector and move them next to each other. If you can't get that to work you could use an exacto knife ( or sharp raser blade) and split the connector down the dummy pin. Then connect each pin separately to the motherboard connector.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice