Computer coming up in wrong country

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnstonsmom

Hoping someone can help me... We spent the fall in Germany with a study abroad program. We are now back home in the US, but a couple of our laptops still come up as though they are in Germany when browsing, especially for google sites. I have checked the ip address and it is showing Davenport, Iowa (the location of mediacomm's servers). Any ideas for correcting this problem?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi and welcome to TSG.

Do you have German selected as the first language choice in your browser's language preferences?

What Browser are you using?
There should be a setting in most browsers to define, what search engine to use, what the homepage should be,
Instead of Google.de it should be Google.com

Also I would clean out all your History in the browser, delete Cookies, (probably they re-direct).
And check your Keyboard settings in the Control Panel and the Time Zones.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online