1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer connected to internet but it cant “access” it.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mcdjames, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcdjames

mcdjames Thread Starter

This is a VERY weird issue and lll PayPal anybody $10 that solves.

So, a couple days ago I was playing games on my computer and force-shut down my PC since I couldn’t get the game to close. The following day I open my computer and open Chrome and the only websites I can access are YouTube, Google Search Pages, some Google websites, and that’s it. Should also be noted that when I use YouTube the videos won’t play, just load the whole time meanwhile everything else on the page loads.

After this, I tried opening Discord and other applications such as Skype to see if they would work but they also couldn’t “access” the internet.

Summary: My computer is connected to the Internet but no programs can “access” or “use” it it seems (including internet browsers, so can’t even search the web).

I have tried countless of ways to fix this but can’t find a solution. Any help?

Attached Files:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Type in the following commands in Command Prompt:

nslookup abc.com
    nslookup bbc.co.uk
    nslookup msn.com

and report back the results if you can.

Also what modem/router do you have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice