1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer connects to network, but immediatly disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Sparkmagea99, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sparkmagea99

Sparkmagea99 Thread Starter

Hi,

This problem sort of started out of no where with my computer where it will connect to my network for a second or two then immediately disconnect. Other computer and devices connect without a problem. I have also experienced this with every network I have tried to connect to; it does the same thing.

I figure it is therefore a problem with my laptop itself, but trouble shooting has yielded nothing and most of the fixes I have found require connecting to the network, but obviously I cannot do that.

I can connect with an Ethernet cable just fine. My guess would be that there is a setting that is incorrect within the wireless on my computer, but what that is I could not even venture to guess.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Sparkmagea99

Sparkmagea99 Thread Starter

Please note that I have seen the sticky at the top of this thread and followed the 2 workarounds that were talked about in the link. It did not work, I am at the same spot I was before.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065872