Computer constant problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigdave03

I cannot remember the last time my computer has been reliable, i dont think it ever was, anywasy my computer constantly freezes, restarts itself, and even turns itself on everyonce in a while (really odd). i can never play a gave consistently with out a messup occuring . When playing a game i try to get as much playing time s possible before it messes up. My computer regularly comes up with a file is corrupt or missing windows message when turning on in which i have to either repair or replace windows. I have actually redone windows and erased all partitions and reformatted with the ntfs (I think thats what its called) 5 times in teh last two days. My computer will stilll freexe with nothing on it except windows and drivers and with just windows updates and drivers. I am 100% sure this is not a virus related issue. I am thinking it might be some sort of a hardware issue since i did get it open box. Any help would be great thanx!

bigdave03 said:
I cannot remember the last time my computer has been reliable, i dont think it ever was, anywasy my computer constantly freezes, restarts itself, and even turns itself on everyonce in a while (really odd). i can never play a gave consistently with out a messup occuring . When playing a game i try to get as much playing time s possible before it messes up. My computer regularly comes up with a file is corrupt or missing windows message when turning on in which i have to either repair or replace windows. I have actually redone windows and erased all partitions and reformatted with the ntfs (I think thats what its called) 5 times in teh last two days. My computer will stilll freexe with nothing on it except windows and drivers and with just windows updates and drivers. I am 100% sure this is not a virus related issue. I am thinking it might be some sort of a hardware issue since i did get it open box. Any help would be great thanx!
I am having the same exact problem I think mine is heat related I took the side off my pc and let air get into it.

Try sliding the side panel off of your pc and place a fan into it. If your pc doesn't freeze then you will know that it is a heating issue if it does still freeze it could be either bad power supply or RAM.

Try running ram test go to www.memtest.com and download and run it choose check unused memory and then run the test you should run test about 5 times. See if any errors come up.

How old is your computer and what kind of power supply do you have. How much memory do you have.

Does your computer randomly freeze, or randomly restart?? If it restarts try this:

- Right Click on "My Computer"
- Select "Properties"
- Select "Advanced" tab
- Under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings" button
- Uncheck "Automatically Restart"

You should now experience the infamous "blue screen of death" (If in fact your Pc was randomly restarting to begin with).

bigdave03

ok...i actually had the side off my comp for the last two days so i dont think it is a heat issue...i did have my comp serviced a couple months ago for these problems and they installed a more powerful fan but it didnt help..i have two memory sticks in my comp one is 512 and the other is 256......i did microsofts memcheck and when both mem sticks were in it failed on the Stride6 check(whatever that is) and also froze everytime. i took the 512 stick out and it did the same thing....then i put just the 512 in and it said failed when it went through the stride6 but it did not freeze. I really dont kno wthis program at all but there are numbers that scroll across the bottom with a should be and an actual listing that come up when it gets to the stride6 test. My computer is an emachines with an AMD athlon 2800 and the ram is above depending on what combo i have in. The power supply i dont know how to check or what that is. The computer is 2 and a one and a half years old Hope this helps. Thanx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.