1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Crash - First time I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlMujtahid, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlMujtahid

AlMujtahid Thread Starter

One of our computers at work crashed last night. My boss was using it and he said he sent an e-mail and as soon it sent the screen flickered, went black, wnet to the Gateway boot sequence then just froze. I am attaching an image of the message on the screen.

When I go to BIOS, i can see the Hard Drive, but when I go to Boot Sequence, it does not show up as an option. The second image I amattaching is of the BIOS Boot Sequence screen.

If you have any ideas, we would greatly appreciate them and any help.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

3. AlMujtahid

Hi Jazz,

I did see that thread. I looked for the Lannet xico mentions, but i cannoyt find it. Also, the intel links no longer are working.

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

are you looking under Lannet or LAN NET?

5. AlMujtahid

in the BIOS? I could not find either.

Do you know where I would look? It is a Gateway PC.

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

You're sure this is not a bad HD? Your Bios comes up but won't boot from there? Jazz

ps: Are you saying you can't change the bios with the plus and minus sign to indicate the HD?

7. AlMujtahid

It could be. The strange things is in BIOS it reads the Hard Drive. On the page that I check for Hard Drives and CD ROMS. In the boot equence, however, there is no option to select the hard drive. There is no LAN option either.

8. AlMujtahid

I have been reading some more on this online

I am befuddled as i do not understand why it suddenly is doing this. More importnatly, the confusing thing in my Boot menu is I see no option for booting from LAN or Network or anything of the sort. And I see no option of booting from a hard disk. It only says boot from CD or Externa Device. When it does boot and i press Fsomething to get into the BIOS, it says that Network is the firstboot item.

I am at a loss here. This one is frustrating. I feel like the answer should be so simple yet it eldues me!

9. jazz3000

jazz3000

Something obviously happened in the system, or to the hardware.
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to try the CD -R or Chkdsk with your OS CD? It may well be you've lost your boot sequence somehow.
    Have you tried booting into Safe Mode - F8 - to see if you can by pass? Jazz

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice