1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crash when i inserted a camera card

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by prncssjen415, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. prncssjen415

prncssjen415 Thread Starter

I inserted a new camera card into my computer and as i transferred photos my computer shut off. When i turned it back on it was still transferring and then cut back off. It would not turn on for hours. When it did there was a window up saying that windows was unable to start and attempting to repair. It was not able but starts up anyways. Some times the screen is back but i can see it if i shine a flashlight on it. Other times its normal. when it starts up it will work but the mouse and keys is very delayed and will cut back off and may take me hours to get it back.
    I found a file that was added when i transferred and deleted it. I ran spybot and adware and avg. they found nothing. I did system restore. it said it was unable. I dumped all of windows and did a recovery. It didnt help. What now? I am a beginner so talk English and dont assume i understand :eek:

2. prncssjen415

I did that. it didnt work. and it feels as if something is running in the background taking all my power

3. joeten

joeten

Hi how did you attempt the repair,do you have servicepacks installed,is this a laptop or desktop, make and model please

4. prncssjen415

I ran the recovery disk that came with with computer. it went through all the steps to removed and reinstall windows
    Dell Vostro 1000 windows vista home basic
    mobile AMD Sempron processor 3500+ 1.8ghz
    32 bit operating system

this eavning its running much better not sluggish and my mouse and keys are working better but i havent done anything since i reinstalled windows yesterday and this morning ran the same as yesterday. but i stills just cutting off. The best way i can explain it is like something is taking all my power so my mouse and keys cant even function and programs run really slow and after a while it just cuts off.

5. joeten

joeten

Hi can you clarify cutting off ie is it just shutting down or freezing also how much ram is installed,you can find it in cotrol panel, system (in classic view option for this is on the left hand column in control panel)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!