1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hrstar, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hrstar

Hrstar Thread Starter

Hello,
    So recently I have encountered a problem. My desktop's monitors turn off and the fan gets loud and spins fast. Could anyone suggest what could be the possible issues? Also, I have checked the temperatures before my PC crashes this way. The GPU temperatures are near 70C and CPU temperatures are near 60C. I initially did think it might be a temperature issue so I removed the side panel. But to no avail.
    Also, it does not matter if I am gaming or just using it for typing out a document. The same will happen. Only difference being, the latter will take a while before happening.
    Furthermore, this has never happened before about a month ago I reinstalled my Windows from my HDD to be on my SSD. Just a further titbit.

My Specs are:
    1. Windows 10
    2. Core i7-7700
    3. GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    4. 16 GB x 1 DDR4 RipJaws V
    5. 4 TB x 2 HDD
    6. 250 GB SSD
    7. Corsair GS600 600 W Non Modular PSU

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  2. Miseiko

Miseiko

I cant be sure if this would fix the issue for you, but I would go through with a can of compressed air and try cleaning out the interior of your computer, then checking your thermal paste application to the core i7. 60C isn't exactly overly hot for gaming on a computer, so not sure why that would cause it to crash, also try reseating your ram and hdd/ssd, I've had the loud fan thing happen to me and thats fixed it, not sure how or why but might not work for you.

3. Hrstar

Hrstar Thread Starter

I'm taking it to the shop today. Will check the thermal paste. Too lazy to do it myself. Also do you think it might be a PSU problem? I have searched this issue and alot of times people have said that after changing their PSU it got resolved.

4. replay

replay

You didn’t post the make/model of psu
    With power supplies the brand is everything

5. Hrstar

Hrstar Thread Starter

It is a Corsair GS600. Is that good, bad, if I have to replace it which company should I go with?

6. replay

replay

The reviews are mixed on newegg .......also circa 2012, is it around 8 years old?
    As mentioned it sounds like a heat issue
    I use Corsair psu myself and use the rm series

7. Hrstar

Hrstar Thread Starter

Heat Issue? Do you mean in the PSU? So should I replace the PSU?

8. replay

replay

9. Hrstar

Hrstar Thread Starter

10. replay

replay

The cpu fan spinning up is just “usually” a sign of overheating..... but of course it could be something else
    See if u can try another DECENT psu

11. Hrstar

Hrstar Thread Starter

Okay the issue got solved. When it got cleaned and the CPU thermal paste got reapplied.

12. replay

replay

Ok good

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice