1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashes after 5 minutes of gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by MG2000, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MG2000

MG2000 Thread Starter

So this problem that I been having recently this week is starting to bring me to a boiling point, I can only play one game which is a lot easier to run than all my other games, however that obviously gets boring. I recently, maybe 2 weeks ago repaired and upgraded my pc because it was having lots of problems back then and it cost me around £400 in total to get it all done, hence why I can't believe the fact that I am having to try and get help to fix my pc again.

I'm a student that ain't got that much money left and I go uni, and my hard work in my job is starting to cause me frustration, me spending money everywhere will end up making me starve because I will have nothing left, hence why I am here.

Now as for the problem, for some reason every time I play a game apart from League of Legends, my computer crashes after 5 minutes of playing that game. When it crashes, my monitor goes black and it loses signal, that is what the monitor says (DVI lost signal - it's obviously connected with a DVI). So the screen goes black and there is this noise in the background that carries on going, I have a microphone on and basically there is this weird noise just carries on going, and I have to reset my pc or turn it off and back on again manually. So my computer never actually just shuts off, it just kinda freezes and disconnects my monitor.

Please help this problem is stopping me from playing with people in university and back home, and I am literally just getting bored playing LoL all the time.

Here are my specs:
    Processor: AMD Phenom (tm) II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    Its a 64bit operating system, x64-based processor with Windows 10
    Graphics card: GeFroce GTX 970

Finally, I am no where near a computer expert, so don't hate me if I do get confused easily.

Thanks for your time and help.

2. Bluertomb

Bluertomb

I used to face this issue with my gaming laptop, which at the time is still within warranty period, hence I had to send it back for further assessment and repair at their service center.
    But wow, it has HAD to take more than two months to get my replacement part shipped, and it was just a GPU....that really got me raging mad !!
    Back to the topic, while waiting for it, I went googling and realized that it might be overclocked GPU that had been running way beyond it needs, and thus BSOD occurred.
    This webbie was introduced by a game shop owner, to see what game can the laptop/PC the owner build or owned run.
    It's called " Can You RUN It", after the software detect what type of software the laptop/PC installed, u can proceed to type in the game u wanted to play or intention to install.
    It's very safe and I had been using it since. It's created for all online gamer !!
    Best of luck !!

3. Bluertomb

Bluertomb

I'm sorry I'm not able to solve your issue, aren't this area of expert.
    But I feel if u could open more to where this laptop came from or etc, maybe more people can rope in to help.
    I'm sure they won't be asking u to dump it or replace it though....I hope!

4. Bluertomb

Bluertomb

Almost forgot, the software "Can You RUN It" DOES NOT conflict with other softwares or Window that I came across of .
    Online reviews also did not report any, FYI.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try updating your graphics driver: Control Panel > Device Manager > Display adapter . Right click on driver and choose Update

See if there are any new versions of the game. Or patches. From the game vendor site.

Undo any overclocking, set BIOS to default.

6. MG2000

MG2000 Thread Starter

I have actually updated all my drivers, and me personally, have never overclocked a Graphics card and wont until I knew what I was doing.

7. MG2000

MG2000 Thread Starter

It is actually a custom built PC, and I have changed the parts now, so it is upgraded to the point it wont matter too much about where I got it from, it is kind of a combination at this point.

8. itanus123456

itanus123456

have you check you'r temps?

9. MG2000

MG2000 Thread Starter

Not that I know of, and how would I do that?

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

11. MG2000

MG2000 Thread Starter

Ok, sorry been away this week. What temperature is supposed to be a good temp, like I never done this before so don't know really how to work it, if that makes sense.

12. lunarlander

lunarlander

CPU Core temperature should not exceed 80C

13. Idontknow.

Idontknow. Temporarily Banned

Mine runs at gaming at about 163F. I have crashed once but that's it. Updated my drivers now and no problem

14. lynx1021

lynx1021

You said you had your PC repaired and upgraded 2 weeks ago, what was done?, Does the place warranty their work? Like heyarchit098 said if they worked on the CPU heat sink they might not have replaced it right. That's why it is critical to check your Temps.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice