Computer crashes// Blue screen errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kimmy69ers

Good day !

Here are my specs:

Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 (IE 6.0 SP1)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name DESKTOP2
User Name Jason
Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Duron XP, 1000 MHz (10 x 100)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7ZMMH (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8365A ProSavage KM133A
System Memory 320 MB (SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (08/10/01)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 (64 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
Monitor AOC Spectrum 9Glr(A)/9Glrs(A) [19" CRT] (113526574)
Multimedia
Audio Adapter Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES5880) Sound Card
Storage
IDE Controller Primary Ultra ATA/ATAPI Channel
IDE Controller Secondary Ultra ATA/ATAPI Channel
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master Ultra ATA Controller(dual mode)
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive Maxtor 3 2049H2 B SCSI Disk Device (20 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Disk Drive MAXTOR 4 K020H1 SCSI Disk Device (20 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive LG CD-ROM CRD-8522B SCSI CdRom Device (52x CD-ROM)
Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR-52246S SCSI CdRom Device (52x/24x/52x CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK
Partitions
C: (NTFS) 19524 MB (5588 MB free)
D: (FAT32) 19459 MB (14989 MB free)
Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical
Network
Network Adapter D-Link DFE-538TX 10/100 Adapter (68.145.181.152)
Modem Generic SoftK56
Peripherals
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB Device Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical

I have been gettting lots of crashes ... also ... Blue screens ... Here are some of the Errors : Nv4_Disp.Dll ..... Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal .... And Win32K_Sys ... I am not to sure what to do here :confused: ... I only know afew things about computers ... I have been told to reformat .... And that will take all my errors away... Just wondering what some other people think

Thanks Kim ;)

Hi,
Have you made any changes to your computer (hardware, software) recently?

Kimmy69ers

Not that i know of... Just that i bought a new Ram stick ... I cant think of anything

Kim

I think maybe the RAM is not compatible with your motherboard. Get the RAM out to see if the errors gone. If this is the case, contact the shop that you buy your RAM and ask if you can change it to another type (make sure the RAM speed and the motherboard bus speed is compatible).

Kimmy69ers

Here is one of the full blue screen errors ....A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to
prevent damage to your comp. if this is the 1st time your seen
this stop error screen restart your comp. if this screen
appears again follow these steps. Check to be sure you have
adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop
message, disable the driver or check with me manufacturer for
driver updates. Try changing video Adapters. check with your
hardware vender for any bios updates. If you need to use
safemode to remove or disable components, restart you comp
press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select
safe mode.
technical info: ***STOP:0x0000008e(0xc0000005,0xe1458ac1,
0xb4dcab08,0x00000000) Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump completed. contact your system
administrator or technical support group for further
assistance

I have seen other diffurant stop number errors ... I have just never wrote them down

Kim

Kimmy69ers

I have Everest ... and took the specs about my other ram sticks in it and made sure that i got the sameram speed and the other one in my computer ... But its still the same

Kim

Try to test your RAM:

www.memtest86.com

Download the floppy image and save it to a floppy disk and boot the PC with it...

-> Let it run for a few hours, if you get errors then try with 1 stick of RAM at a time to know which stick is faulty ...

-> If both sticks pass, then maybe you've got another problem there...

I noticed you got a dll error in your first post (Nv4_Disp.Dll), have you tried to update your videocard driver ?

"Here is one of the full blue screen errors ....A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to
prevent damage to your comp. if this is the 1st time your seen
this stop error screen restart your comp. if this screen
appears again follow these steps. Check to be sure you have
adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop
message, disable the driver or check with me manufacturer for
driver updates. Try changing video Adapters. check with your
hardware vender for any bios updates. If you need to use
safemode to remove or disable components, restart you comp
press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select
safe mode.
technical info: ***STOP:0x0000008e(0xc0000005,0xe1458ac1,
0xb4dcab08,0x00000000) Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump completed. contact your system
administrator or technical support group for further
assistance"

Hi kate, my pc seems to come up with the exact same message while i'm trying to play Sims 2 and then it reboots itself, it's never done it before so if any1 knows wot the problem is, we both need help here :confused:

nv4_disp.dll is related to the nVidia graphics driver, try downloading and installing the latest driver from the nVidia web site...

Link to nVidia display drivers download:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Also STOP 0x0000008e is related to the RAM, please follow instructions in my previous post...

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325730
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315335

Note:
If you don't want to use MemTest86, you can also use Windows Memory Diagnostic program, (windiag)...

Download here...
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Kimmy69ers

When i started getting the Stop 0x08 ... I did a Google search and had seen that it was for Ram ... Thats when i bought the new stick of Ram and took out both other Ram stick and just left the new Stick in .. And i was still getting the Bcod .. But with diffurant Stop errors .. I just never wrote them down ... I did install the new driver for the Nv4_Disp.dll ... and i still get the error .. But .. Someone said i should reformat .. Because the Win32K_Sys ... Has to do with my OS .... I have never reformatted befor .. So that is why i posted to see what others would sugest

Thanks Kim

I have exactly the same problem.
I'm running Windows 2000 Professional with a MS8157E mother board and a nVidia Ge Force FX5500 256MB graphics card.

Everything was OK until I added the graphics card. When booting up I the machine blue screens and resets itself before I have a chance to read it.

I've tried the most up to date graphics drivers, older versions and even none at all.

I can boot up in safe mode sometimes but it even resets itself in there most of the time.

If I take out the graphics card and use the on board graphics things work OK. (But with rubbish graphics)

I was thinking about changing to XP to see of that helps? If that doesn't work then I think it might be some conflict between the graphics card and mother board.

Stuck now
Steve

Hi kate, my pc seems to come up with the exact same message while i'm trying to play Sims 2 and then it reboots itself, it's never done it before so if any1 knows wot the problem is, we both need help here :confused:
Hi... My PC also reboots itself when I play SimCity 4 Rushhour.... I don't get a BSoD but sometimes upon completion of reboot it'll say "system has recovered from a serious error"... someone told me that since these games need lots of memory to run, anything that's running in the background like norton could cause it to reboot.... I tried turning everything off in the processes (obviously not the things that windows itself needs to run), cut my internet connection so nothing would try to auto-update, and turned off norton.... it worked for me (but not alwasy as some things that are running you just can't switch off).... but it's a pain....

Well, you can turn off the automatic restart, so you can read the error message. Go to Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, System, Advanced, Startup and Recovery Settings, and uncheck Automatically Restart.

Or you can press F8 at the OS boot menu, and select "Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure".

I downloaded the latest nVidia driver ... and I think it's worked.

I also find I should disable firewalls, anti-virus etc. whilst installing, and if anyone thinks I have to keep it disabled while playing, please tell me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online