1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashes during video after upgrading to 7!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by maverick22, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maverick22

maverick22 Thread Starter

Can anyone please help?

I have a HP Touchsmart PC (I don't even know the model but it is the first Touchsmart model I believe--I'm at work right now). It's 32-bit & has an AMD processor.

So, I upgraded (didn't do clean install) & thought everything was okay until I played a video. After a few seconds of playing my screen went black, the computer froze, and I couldn't do a thing. I had to restart & thought that might fix it. This happened about 3 more times, and then I had to go to work.

Also worth mentioning, for the few seconds video DID play, the quality is not nearly as good.

*Finally, I put my SD card into the card reader (which is built into the computer), and all the files became corrupted. I couldn't do anything with them! I had to just format the card. I'll test this more when I get home too.

I guess I'll try calling HP for help tonight when I get home, but I've heard they aren't much help when it comes to Win 7. I guess they've been very busy with problems after upgrading.

Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/872798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice