Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer crashes entire internet upon startup

Solved 
3K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago I was having troubles with my battle net launcher not downloading Destiny 2 properly. I tried to fix it by deleting the Destiny 2 files from the battle net folder on my computer. When I did this something happened and battle net stopped connecting to the internet, then shortly after that my whole computer stopped connecting. Now my whole internet goes down across the house whenever I start up my computer. I have no idea if this is even related to what I was doing with battle net, I don't even know how it's possible. I've run a virus scan and it's coming up with nothing. Any help with this issue is appreciated, thanks.

This is on a Windows 10 PC.

#12 ·
The problem was, somebody has been modifying the settings on your router. That's why when you reset the router the networking works again. By securing the router, you would stop the intruder from doing it again.
I am hoping that the intruder has not broken in to your PC first, and then moved on to modifying your router. So lets see if just by securing the router, that the network stays working, that means he broke in thru WiFi, and not your PC first.

#13 ·
The problem was, somebody has been modifying the settings on your router. That's why when you reset the router the networking works again. By securing the router, you would stop the intruder from doing it again.
I am hoping that the intruder has not broken in to your PC first, and then moved on to modifying your router. So lets see if just by securing the router, that the network stays working, that means he broke in thru WiFi, and not your PC first.
Changed my admin password for the internet, PC still crashes it.

#18 ·
I managed to fix the issue. Around the same time this issue started, I started getting a notification saying Microsoft OneDrive was almost full. Upon checking for recently installed software I noticed that it had also updated around the same time the issue began. I uninstalled OneDrive and the issue fixed itself instantly.

I have no idea how OneDrive was causing my whole internet to bomb, but it's fixed now so I'm happy.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.