1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashes, need help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karlssons, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Karlssons

Karlssons Thread Starter

Hi!

I've encountered some difficult problems to deal with when it comes to my computer. It was built for exactly three years ago and I've never had any problems until now.

The 6th October while I was playing Battlefield 3 Beta the computer crashed and I had to restart it. During the boot a warning sign told me that the CPU was overheated and that's why the computer crashed. So after replacing the original Intel CPU-fan I assumed the problem would've been solved. However, after playing BF3B for 10 minutes the computer crashes again. I've checked all the temps and it shows just fine for the CPU and graphic card. I've played games like Crysis 2 with high settings without any problems, and the same problem occurs when I play low requirement games like Battlefield Play4Free.

After looking on google, the only cause for this problem I can find is overheated CPU, which mine isn't.
    The graphic card's driver is updated, I'm not sure about the motherboard, as I'm not sure what I should look for. My computer specs:

The errorcode I get from Microsoft is: BCCode: 124 BCP1: 0000000000000000 BCP2: FFFFFA8008361548 BCP3: 0000000000000000 BCP4: 00000000000.

My computer specs:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8191 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 715301 MB, Free - 263009 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5Q-E, Rev 1.xx, MS1C87BS0000915
    Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0, Updated and Enabled

Please tell me if you need any more information.

I appreciate any help I receive, thanks!

2. DomCru

DomCru

Probably the easiest way to get to the bottom of this is to check the Minidump files.

Your MiniDump files are stored within the Windows directory in a folder called Minidump. They have a .dmp extension.

To upload them to this forum, zip up the most recent ones into a zip folder and save on your desktop.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and double click on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your text, then click on Submit Message. Hopefully that should help us resolve the issue.

3. Karlssons

Karlssons Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply!

Here are my most recent minidumps. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

4. Karlssons

Karlssons Thread Starter

After the recent crash I looked for my Event Viewer and found this:

Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D
    SessionName Microsoft-Windows-Setup

FileName C:\Windows\Panther\setup.etl

ErrorCode 3221225485

LoggingMode 5

and

Faulting application name: BFP4f.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e844423
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7ab86
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00038ce5
    Faulting process id: 0xacc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cc87905331c17b
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free\BFP4f.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 97f9c4d8-f383-11e0-89b8-0022156017e0

Hopefully this helps solving my problem.

5. DomCru

DomCru

Hi, the Minidump files are still pointing to a thermal event causing these crashes.
    I know you've changed the CPU fan and the crashes are specific to a certain game but I would still recommend cleaning out the dust from the PC and particularly the CPU fan as dust can often cause overheating and these kind of crashes.
    The other thing you can try is monitoring the temperature of your CPU using a Windows based monitor, rather than your BIOS values. This way you could run Battlefield for a few minutes, then check the CPU temp to get a better idea if that is the culprit.

6. Karlssons

Karlssons Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for looking through the minidumps.

I've been googling some more and I found a known EA bug which is called sound loop freeze crasch, which is exactly the same thing that happens to me. I did the windows file check in CMD to look if there was a corrupt file, which there was and after the reboot it seems to work now. I've played for a couple of hours now without any crash. So I guess the problem is solved now :)

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice