1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer crashes on game launch

Discussion in 'Games' started by clip, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clip

clip Thread Starter

When I launch certain games from Steam (not sure if it's steam only games or what), games like Counterstrike: GO, Daksiders II, Saints Row The Third, my computer gets a blue screen, and then reboots. The blue screen says something about BIOS. I guess this information would be of use to you:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
    Manufacturer: AMD
    Speed: 3.3 GHz
    Number of Cores: 6
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chipset: GeForce GTX 560
    Dedicated Memory: 2.1 GB
    Total Memory: 4.0 GB
    Memory: 8.2 GB
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Service Pack: 1
    Size: 64 Bit
    Edition: Home Premium

Just note that I can play games, I can play games like Arma 2, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Red Orchestra 2(funny how all of these games end in 2, maybe i can only play games with 2 in them lol) even games not purchased from Steam like World of Warcraft.

I do not know if I need to fix the Motherboard, the videocard, some people say it's the DirectX, i honestly don't know too much about computers and all the technical stuff. Thanks for reading, I could use all the help I can get.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Is this a prebuild, branded PC like a HP, Dell, Acer etc? If so, what is the exact make and model number?

What is the exact make, model and wattage of the PSU?

Have you ever changed or upgraded any hardware since you got the machine?

Is Windows and all your drivers fully patched and up to date?

Could be drivers, PSU, graphics card, RAM or something else at this stage :(

3. Dillonford

Dillonford

It is probably the computer!! how old is it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1114121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice