1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Crashes Randomly and with Games - Minidump available

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Alex93, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex93

Alex93 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I'm Alex93, I'm new to the forum, and I was hoping that you guys could help me with a problem that's been annoying me a lot over the past few months.
    My computer crashes randomly. My computer initially started to crash when I was gaming, and now it crashes at any given time randomly when I am using my computer. It was rare at first but now it happens like clockwork at least once a day. I get loads of error screens with:

Nv4_disp.dll
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

or

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It crashes almost immediately when booting up MW2, and after a few minutes of play with Team Fortress 2, but also happens sporadically whilst doing nothing in particular.The problem disappeared for two weeks after installing an nVidia 8800 gtx, then randomly started again worst than before. If anyone could take a look at the latest minidumps and give some advice on how to solve the problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

nv4_disp.dll is indeed identified as a probable cause in one of your minidump files.

RtkHDAud.sys, Realtek HD Audio sound driver, is another one.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for both. If so, uninstall and reinstall them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice