1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Crashes to blank screen (games)

Discussion in 'Games' started by salmetore, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salmetore

salmetore Thread Starter

I bought items off newegg (www.newegg.com) and have been having this problem for about a year now. I have been to many threads and have done many test results. Getting really pissed off about all this stuff.... I have ran Memtest and switched EVERY SINGLE PART out of my computer other than my mother board. The problem is, is when i start any game, I can play for about 5 minutes, then it turns to a blank screen, repeats any audio it was playing. I have warentied my graphics card, motherboard, and Memory. I have switched out power supply, from an orion to a thermal take... taking 500w to 600w. It is not a heating problem because i have multiple fans in my computer, plus i have hooked up desk fans and house fans to keep it cool. Definitely not a heating problem.

SPECS:
    AMD PHENOM II X4 955
    Biostar TA790GXE 128M
    4 gig DDR 2 from G.Skill
    Radeon HD 4670

Everything from drivers to BIOS is updated to newest update. Please answer and help

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I can't see any immediate concerns with the hardware setup you have. However, one thing I would look at is the RAM make because there are no G.Skill modules on the Memory Support list for that board (http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/memory_report.php?S_ID=408). Although a lot of the time this doesn't cause a problem, just because you are using DDR2 RAM at a speed the board supports this doesn't guarantee compatibility.

Also, if you have changed everything apart from the motherboard (not sure about this as you say in the first couple of sentences that you have changed everything other than the motherboard, then a bit later say you have warrantied the motherboard?) and are still having the same problem then the logical cause of the problem is the motherboard! I am not a particular fan of Biostar motherboards myself.

Also, what operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?

3. salmetore

salmetore Thread Starter

Well I mean i called up biostar to have it replaced, they took it and then sent the same board back after "heavy 3-d testing" and I am running 64 bit. The odd part of my ram is that we bought 2 computers when we bought mine. My brother has the same kind of ram to me and his works perfectly. I have switched his ram with mine and I still get the same issue... I think i forgot to mention that i have tried other OS's... Im running windows 7 but i have had XP 64bit and Ubuntu 64bit. All with the same problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice