1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashes upon loading windows.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akuhater, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akuhater

akuhater Thread Starter

ok got my computer up and running. Now It loads up to windows XP logo ( logo slightly fades in)then blah.... restarts. . I upgraded from (POS)-----> pcchips board with AMD 2400XP <---(DIED) New board, new processor,same old hard drive.Hard drive partitioned in to 40gb 80gb 40gb.Thanks for any help

Winblows XP
    BIOSTAR M7NCG 400 Socket A
    G-skill ram 512mb
    Sempron 2.0 ghz
    ATI 9800 se
    SB Audigy
    SEA gate 160 gb

2. norton850

norton850

Your hard drive contains the drivers for your old MB and won't work directly with the new board. You will get exactly the problem that you are having. Do you have a full retail Windows XP CD?

3. akuhater

akuhater Thread Starter

Yes i have retail upgrade to winXP. started a new thread because of the new problem but i guess could have used the old one. Do i reinstall or reformat then install.

4. akuhater

akuhater Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply had to pick up sister from work?

5. norton850

norton850

This usually works without loss of data.
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

The other option is to put the drive into another system as a slave and back up whatever you need. Then put it back into the new setup and reformat the drive and do a clean install. If it's an upgrade you will need the old Windows disc for verification like before.

6. akuhater

akuhater Thread Starter

Going through install now. it was a new install of xp so no real data to back up. thanks for your help. i will let you know how i come out come.

7. akuhater

akuhater Thread Starter

Thanks she working fine.

8. norton850

norton850

Always a good thing.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/439134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice